Dallas Murder Attorneys
Defending Clients Against Homicide Accusations in Texas
If you are facing murder or manslaughter charges in Dallas, you know it doesn't get any more serious than this. Texas likes to maintain its "tough on crime" image by aggressively prosecuting people accused of especially violent crimes like assault, manslaughter, and capital murder. Texas leads the country in executions and has a large number of inmates on death row.
If you are a suspect in an open murder or manslaughter investigation or a loved one is facing murder charges in Texas, don't wait another minute to protect yourself or your family member.
Trusted Defense for Murder & Manslaughter Charges in Texas
The fact that someone has been killed does not necessarily mean that a crime has occurred. Our skilled Dallas murder lawyers know the possible defenses that may combat your homicide charges, such as self-defense, defense of others, lack of intent, accidental death, and others.
We have the experience and skills needed to aggressively defend against all types of murder charges:
- Capital murder committed during another serious crime (such as sexual assault or burglary)
- Murder in the first or second degree
- Criminally negligent homicide
- Intoxication manslaughter
If you hire our murder defense attorneys in Dallas to defend you, we will investigate the facts of your case and seek to obtain evidence in your favor. We will protect your rights throughout all stages of your case-from initial arrest to trial and appeal. If evidence was obtained by law enforcement through illegal search and seizure or in violation of your rights, we will move to have it thrown out.
If a murder charge cannot be resolved through negotiation or a plea agreement, Scott H. Palmer, P.C. is not afraid to take our clients' cases all the way to trial. We will hold the prosecution to its burden of proving all elements of murder charges beyond a reasonable doubt.
Capital Murder Defense in Dallas, TX
Capital murder is the most serious of all murder/manslaughter charges in Texas and is the only criminal offense that is punishable by the death penalty.
Capital murder is a type of homicide that is qualified by the following actions:
- The victim is a peace officer or fireman acting under lawful duty
- The murder was committed during a kidnapping, burglary, robbery, aggravated sexual assault, arson, terroristic threat, retaliation
- The offender was paid to commit murder or paid another person to commit murder
- The murder occurred during an escape from a penal institution
- An incarcerated inmate murders a prison employee
- An incarcerated inmate murders another inmate
- The offender murders more than one person in a criminal transaction or during different transactions but murder is committed while pursuing the same course of conduct
- The murder victim is a child under 6 years old
- The victim is a judge or justice of the court
Seeking Proven Counsel? Reach Out to (214) 891-3382.
If you have been charged with intoxication manslaughter, murder, or a similarly serious charge, contact our firm to speak with an experienced murder defense attorney in Dallas, TX.
We offer a consultation and case evaluation in a supportive environment. Call us at (214) 891-3382 today!
Not Guilty Murder
Not Guilty Sexual Assault of a Child
Case Dismissed Continuous Sexual Assault of a Child
Not Guilty Murder
Not Guilty Murder
No Billed by Grand Jury Sexual Assault
No Billed by Grand Jury Endangering a Child
No Billed by Grand Jury Burglary of a Habitation
Deferred Probation Racing Causing Serious Bodily Injury or Death
Not Guilty DWI by Drugs
Case Dismissed Indecency with a Child
No Billed by Grand Jury Aggravated Assault Deadly Weapon
Case Dismissed Assault Public Servant
Case Dismissed First Degree Drug Possession
No Billed by Grand Jury Assault Impeding Breath
Not Guilty DWI