Murder Defense Attorneys Dallas, TX
Defending Clients Against Homicide Accusations
If you are facing murder or homicide charges, you know it doesn't get any more serious than this. Texas likes to maintain its "tough on crime" image by aggressively prosecuting people accused of crimes-especially violent crimes like assault, manslaughter, and capital murder. Texas leads the country in executions and has a large number of inmates on death row.
If you are a suspect in an open murder investigation or a loved one is facing murder charges in Texas, you know how high the stakes are.
Don't wait another minute to protect yourself or your family member. Contact our firm for a consultation to discuss your situation and for advice on how to protect your Constitutional rights.
What Does Capital Murder Mean in Texas?
Capital murder is a type of homicide that is qualified by the following actions:
- Victim is a peace officer or fireman acting under lawful duty
- Murder intentionally committed during kidnapping, burglary, robbery, aggravated sexual assault, arson, terroristic threat, retaliation
- Paid to commit murder or paying another to commit murder
- Murder occurs during escape from penal institution
- Incarcerated inmate murders a prison employee
- Inmate murders another inmate
- Murders more than one person in criminal transaction or during different transactions but murder is committed while pursuing same course of conduct
- Murders child under 6 years old
- Murders a judge or justice because of their status
Trust Experienced Defense for Murder Charges in Texas
The fact that someone has been killed does not necessarily mean that a crime has occurred. Our skilled Dallas murder defense lawyers know the possible defenses to murder and homicide charges, such as self-defense, defense of others, lack of intent, accident, and others.
We have the experience and skills needed to aggressively defend against all types of murder charges:
- Capital murder committed during another serious crime (such as sexual assault or burglary)
- Murder in the first or second degree
- Criminally negligent homicide
- Intoxication manslaughter
If you hire our firm to defend you, we will investigate the facts of your case and seek to obtain evidence in your favor. We will protect your rights throughout all stages of your case-from initial arrest to trial and appeal. If evidence was obtained by law enforcement through illegal search and seizure or in violation of your rights, we will move to have it thrown out.
If a murder charge cannot be resolved through negotiation or a plea agreement, Scott H. Palmer, P.C. is not afraid to take our clients' cases all the way to trial. We will hold the prosecution to its burden of proving all elements of murder charges beyond a reasonable doubt.
Seeking Proven Counsel? Reach Out to (214) 891-3382.
If you have been charged with intoxication manslaughter, murder, or a similarly serious charge, contact our firm to speak with an experienced murder defense attorney in Dallas, TX.
We offer a consultation and case evaluation in a supportive environment.
Continuous Sexual Assault of a Child Verdict Reversed
Murder Verdict Reversed
Continuous Sexual Assault of a Child Verdict Reformed to Lesser Offense
Drug Possession Case Dismissed
Indecent Exposure Removed Client from Registry
Failure to Pay Sales Tax Case Settled
Murder Verdict Reversed
Indictment Case Dismissed