Dallas Truck Accident Lawyer
18-Wheeler Truck Accident Claims in Texas
At Scott H. Palmer, P.C., we are fully familiar with truck accident laws and procedures, handling dozens of complex cases over the years. We work with forensic investigators and accident re-constructionists to inspect vehicles and crash sites, preserve accident scenes, and fully dissect each case. As Dallas truck accident lawyers, we navigate our clients' cases from start to finish so that they don't have to. We handle cases involving smaller commercial vehicles all the way up to 18-wheeler accidents.
What Makes Truck Accident Claims More Complicated?
Truck accident claims can be more complex then other vehicle accidents. firstly it can be difficult to determine liability. It this situation multiple parties can be viable, more so then in other types of accidents.
Who Is Responsible for Truck Accidents?
The following parties may be solely or jointly liable for damages in a truck accident:
- Government entities
- The trucking company
- The truck driver
- Private companies
- Other drivers
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
- Distracted driving
- Driving while tired
- Weather conditions
- Driving under the influence
- Driving recklessly
- Negligent hiring by the truck company
- Failing to properly train drivers
Why You Need a Lawyer Experienced With Truck Accidents
Truck and car accident cases may look similar at first, but crucial challenges soon demonstrate that vital differences exist. For instance:
- Because truck accident injuries often involve catastrophic injuries, case expense tends to be higher. Your attorney will need to carry as much as $100,000 or more in expenses for the duration of your case.
- Serious injuries require the help of medical specialists. An experienced truck accident lawyer can help clients locate and access appropriate medical care.
- Trucking companies are often owned by numerous parties or are owned by other companies as part of a complex ownership structure. It's sometimes necessary to sue numerous parties just to determine who is not a defendant.
As you can see, the differences between handling a car and truck accident case are substantial, and that's why you need to talk to our Dallas truck accident attorneys. We have the resources, skills, expertise, and knowledge you need and deserve behind your 18-wheeler accident case.
Investigating Tractor-Trailer & 18-Wheeler Crashes in TX
Usually, the faster that trucking companies and truck drivers can deliver their goods, the more money they can make. Therefore, they have a financial incentive to speed and drive recklessly, cut corners on maintenance, and load trucks hastily. Unfortunately, these financial incentives are in direct conflict with practices that enhance safety. The end result is, often, an 18-wheeler truck accident resulting in injuries or wrongful death.
We know how to investigate truck accidents and to pinpoint liability by working with experts, including traffic re-constructionists and truck safety experts. We also understand the complex federal trucking regulations governing driver log books, the number of hours drivers may work without rest, and truck driver training and truck inspection.
We couple legal experience with experience in handling catastrophic injuries. For a consultation with an experienced Dallas truck accident lawyer, call (214) 891-3382.