Misdemeanor Offenses in Texas
Protect Yourself With a Dallas Misdemeanor Crime Attorney
If you are facing a misdemeanor in Texas, you could be facing fines or jail time. Though your penalties are not as severe as those for felony convictions, your life could still be greatly impacted. What many individuals are not aware of are the effects of misdemeanors on everyday situations, such as:
- Finding a job
- Renting / buying a home
- Other necessary aspects of life
Learn more about our services from a capable Dallas misdemeanor crime lawyer. Call (214) 891-3382 today!
Different Types of Misdemeanors in Texas
Misdemeanor offenses are much more common than felony charges. Typically, misdemeanors are crimes that do not include violence or a major cause of property damage. Some of the common types of misdemeanors in Texas include the following:
Texas Misdemeanor Penalties
Whether you are convicted of petty theft or other crimes, you can trust that our Dallas misdemeanor attorneys have the experience and expertise necessary to effectively represent your interests and advocate on your behalf!
Take a look at the following penalties for misdemeanors in TX:
- Class A Misdemeanor: Penalties include a fine of no more than $4,000 and/or up to 1 year in a county jail. Examples of Class A misdemeanors include burglary of a vehicle, theft of property valued at $750 but less than $2,500.
- Class B Misdemeanor: Penalties include a fine of no more than $2,000 and/or up to 180 days in a county jail. Examples of Class B misdemeanors include theft of property valued at $100 but less than $750, drunk driving, possession of up to 2oz of marijuana, making terrorist threats.
- Class C Misdemeanor: Penalty is restricted to a fine of no more than $500. Examples of Class C misdemeanors include theft of property valued at less than $100, assault by contact, disorderly conduct, and possession of paraphernalia.
While the sentence for your conviction depends on your previous record and the case details, we will always fight for the least possible sentence available to you.
Why You Need an Experienced Dallas Misdemeanor Attorney
When facing misdemeanor charges in Texas, it is crucial to have a skilled and knowledgeable attorney by your side. At Scott H. Palmer, P.C., our team of Dallas misdemeanor attorneys has extensive experience defending clients against a wide range of misdemeanor offenses.
Here are some reasons why you should hire an experienced attorney:
- Expertise in misdemeanor laws: Our attorneys have a deep understanding of Texas misdemeanor laws and can navigate the complexities of the legal system to build a strong defense strategy for your case.
- Protection of your rights: We will ensure that your constitutional rights are protected throughout the legal process, including the right to a fair trial, the right to remain silent, and the right to legal representation.
- Strategic defense approach: Our skilled defense team will carefully analyze the details of your case, gather evidence, and develop a strategic defense approach tailored to your specific circumstances. We will fight to minimize the impact of the charges against you.
- Negotiation skills: Our Dallas misdemeanor attorneys are skilled negotiators and can work with prosecutors to potentially reduce charges, negotiate plea bargains, or explore alternative sentencing options.
- Courtroom experience: With our extensive courtroom experience, we are prepared to aggressively advocate for your rights in front of a judge and jury if your case goes to trial.
Don't face misdemeanor charges alone. Contact our Dallas misdemeanor lawyers at Scott H. Palmer, P.C. today to schedule a consultation and discuss your legal options.
Understanding Your Legal Rights
When facing misdemeanor charges in Texas, it's important to understand your legal rights and options. Our team of experienced Dallas misdemeanor attorneys is dedicated to protecting your rights and providing you with the best possible defense. Whether you're facing charges for DUI, assault, theft, or other misdemeanor offenses, we will work tirelessly to build a strong defense strategy and fight for the most favorable outcome for your case.
Our legal team can help you navigate the complexities of the legal system and provide you with the guidance and support you need during this challenging time. We will thoroughly investigate your case, negotiate with prosecutors, and represent you in court to ensure that your rights are protected every step of the way.
Don't face misdemeanor charges alone. Contact our skilled team of Dallas misdemeanor lawyers today to schedule a consultation and learn how we can help you navigate the legal process with confidence and peace of mind.
Skilled Defense Team Just a Phone Call Away!
Our team of knowledgeable Dallas misdemeanor crime attorneys includes a former felony prosecutor and a Board Certified Criminal Defense Specialist by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization (Scott Palmer). With that sort of expertise on your side, you can trust that you will have an advantage in the courtroom. We will walk you through your options in every step of your case proceedings and let you make choices and decisions in your case.
At Scott H. Palmer, P.C., our firm has a reputation for going the extra mile with our clients. This means that we are available to our clients, and that we will work hard in order to obtain satisfactory results. We also take juvenile crime cases!
Not Guilty Murder
Not Guilty Sexual Assault of a Child
Case Dismissed Continuous Sexual Assault of a Child
Not Guilty Murder
Not Guilty Murder
No Billed by Grand Jury Sexual Assault
No Billed by Grand Jury Endangering a Child
No Billed by Grand Jury Burglary of a Habitation
Deferred Probation Racing Causing Serious Bodily Injury or Death
Not Guilty DWI by Drugs
Case Dismissed Indecency with a Child
No Billed by Grand Jury Aggravated Assault Deadly Weapon
Case Dismissed Assault Public Servant
Case Dismissed First Degree Drug Possession
No Billed by Grand Jury Assault Impeding Breath
Not Guilty DWI