Criminal & Civil Appeals Attorney
Call (214) 891-3382 to Reach Niles Illich, Ph.D., J.D.
If you’ve been convicted of a crime, or if you’re embroiled in civil litigation and need to fight or preserve a judgment entered, you can turn to Scott H. Palmer, P.C. for the legal representation you need. Our appeals attorney, Niles Illich, has handled more than 100 criminal appeals to opinions and has participated in more than 40 oral arguments in both state and federal court. He also has extensive motion practice, where other attorneys hire him to write their motions for them.
Niles is licensed in:
- Texas state and appellate courts
- Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas
- Northern District of Illinois
- Fifth Circuit (Texas, Louisiana, and Mississippi federal appeals)
- Seventh Circuit (Illinois, Indiana, and Wisconsin federal appeals)
- Tenth Circuit (Oklahoma, Colorado, Kansas, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming federal appeals)
During his former clerkship with the Honorable Evelyn V. Keyes, Ph.D. of the First Court of Appeals in Houston, Texas, Niles learned how to write in a way that would convince appellate justices. This skill is not acquired easily, and not one learned in law school. Rather, successful appellate representation turns on a manner of thinking and a way of writing that can only be acquired by employing these skills on a regular basis.