James P. Roberts"I take pride in, and frankly believe I have the duty, to fight for my clients against the constant injustice they face at the hands of police and government actors."
James is a trial attorney who has dedicated his career to fighting injustice. After practicing for years in criminal defense, he has focused his practice area on civil rights so that he can fight back to protect his clients from government abuse and overreach. His commitment to guiding clients through difficult times and legal journeys, as well as his years of experience and passion for fighting challenging legal issues head on, make him an invaluable part of the Scott H. Palmer, P.C. legal team.
James started his career at the Colorado State Public Defender’s office where he handled all levels of criminal cases ranging from DWI to Sex Crimes and Homicide. After being disgusted by the constant violations of his clients’ rights, this valuable experience prompted him to dedicate his professional career to protecting the rights, freedoms, and futures of his clients whose constitutional rights have been violated.
James and his wife moved back home to Texas, where he joined Scott H. Palmer, P.C. and has been fighting against civil rights violations in federal courts around the nation.
On weekends, James can be found hanging out with his family and cheering on the Texas Longhorns, Dallas Cowboys, Texas Rangers, and Dallas Mavericks.
- J.D. with Distinction & Certificate in Advocacy
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento
- B.S. in Advertising
- University of Texas in Austin
- Colorado Bar, 2013
- Texas Bar, 2017
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas, 2018
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, 2018
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas, 2018
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas, 2018
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas, 2019
- U.S. District Court for the District of Oklahoma, 2019
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit, 2019
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado, 2020