Dallas, Texas Train Accident Lawyer
Handling Texas Train Accident Claims
People often pull up to red and green lights and go past railroad crossing devices and other safety devices assuming they are in good working order. While this makes sense and should seem reasonable, this is not always the case. Many municipalities, train companies, and other entities are legally obligated to maintain safe crossings and intersections.
Unfortunately, railroad and train companies often fail in their duty to maintain safe road/train track intersections. These acts of negligence can lead to dangerous railroad crossing accidents in both rural and urban settings.
If you were injured in a train accident, do not hesitate to reach out to the Dallas railroad accident lawyers at Scott H. Palmer, P.C. Call us at (214) 891-3382!
The Power & Danger of Moving Trains
When pedestrians or vehicles are struck by trains, it can result in serious damage and devastating injuries. While those on trains can also suffer injuries, it is most often the person in the vehicle or along the tracks that suffers the most severe damages.
In some cases, a train companies' liability and negligence may be the issue that caused the crash. If you or your vehicle has been struck by a train, we can provide experienced legal help. Scott H. Palmer, P.C. has resolved hundreds of accident claims and recovered just compensation time and time again. Following your accident our firm can thoroughly prepare your case.
In addition to helping clients injured at railroad crossings we can:
- Handle cases involving inadequate barriers and security.
- Bring forward claims against safety feature manufacturers.
- Hold negligent conductors or workers responsible.
- Gather evidence to determine who else may be at fault for your injuries.
3 Types of Railroad Accident Lawsuits
While railroad accidents can result from and involve many different issues, our team has focused on some of the common general types of railroad accident lawsuits victims can file:
- Personal Injury – As with any negligence lawsuit, victims injured in railroad accidents that could or should have been prevented can file personal injury lawsuits to recover compensation for the damages they suffered, including their medical expenses, emotional injuries, lost work wages, and more. Personal injury claims focus on demonstrating that some party was negligent in their actions, and that their negligence more likely than not caused an accident and injury.
- Wrongful Death – Due to the nature of train accidents, many of them have a high potential for resulting in death. If the accident was preventable, certain family members of a deceased victim may have the right to pursue compensation by filing a wrongful death claim. Wrongful death claims allow relatives to obtain justice by holding the at-fault party accountable, and can provide compensation for their emotional injuries, loss of financial and emotional support, funeral expenses, and more.
- Tort Claims Act – In legal speak, the tort claims act is a federal law that allows victims who have been harmed as the result of government entities to file claims for their compensation. Because many railroads are operated or owned by government entities, victims may need to file claims against the government, which is permitted under the Tort Claims Act.
These are the general types of claims that can be filed following a train or railroad accident, but they don’t necessarily describe all the types of train accidents and causes for which victims commonly file lawsuits. Examples of situations where these claims can be filed include:
- Train derailment or collision
- Operator error or negligence
- Defective signals or crossings
- Poorly maintained tracks or trains
- Exposure to hazardous materials after a train accident
- Defective products or equipment that leads to malfunction
- Inadequate safety measures or emergency response
Representation for Railroad Accidents in TX
Train accidents can be extremely complex and difficult to litigate. You want to ensure your case has been entrusted to a proven Dallas train accident lawyer-a lawyer who has the experience, results, and resources to back their representation up. You want Scott H. Palmer, P.C.
If you were injured in a train accident, protect your rights by contacting a Dallas railroad accident attorney. For a consultation with our firm, call (214) 891-3382.