Dallas Criminal Defense Lawyer
Dallas Criminal Attorneys Fighting Criminal Charges in Texas
Being accused of a crime can have a negative impact on a person's professional and personal reputation. At Scott H. Palmer, P.C., our Dallas criminal defense lawyers aggressively fight on behalf of the criminally accused. Depending on the circumstances of an individual case, a person accused of or arrested on suspicion of a crime in Texas could face a criminal conviction leading to severe penalties that might include prison time, substantial monetary fines, or a permanent criminal record.
Protect yourself from fines and/or imprisonment by contacting our Dallas criminal defense lawyers. Our criminal attorneys will work tirelessly in our efforts to secure the best outcome for your case. It might be of comfort to know that there is a team of experienced and dedicated criminal defense attorneys serving Addison & Dallas who are prepared to assist you as you plan your defense strategy in light of the charges against you.
Defend your name and criminal record! Contact Scott H. Palmer, P.C. at (214) 891-3382 to speak with our Dallas criminal defense lawyers.
Not Guilty MurderClient was charged with shooting mother’s boyfriend in the face during an altercation. Not guilty on murder. At trial, found guilty of a lesser included offense of criminally negligent homicide and given probation.
Not Guilty Sexual Assault of a ChildClient was charged with sexually assaulting his nine year old niece seven years prior at a family function.
Case Dismissed Continuous Sexual Assault of a ChildClient was charged with sexually assaulting his daughter on multiple occasions.
Not Guilty MurderClient was charged with shooting his brother three times during an altercation. Not guilty on murder. At trial, found guilty of a lesser included offense of manslaughter and given probation.
Not Guilty MurderClient was charged with shooting mother’s boyfriend in the face during an altercation. Not guilty on murder. Found guilty of a lesser included offense of criminally negligent homicide and given probation.
No Billed by Grand Jury Sexual AssaultClient was charged with sexually assaulting a woman during a tailgate party at a local college. Case was no billed at grand jury.
No Billed by Grand Jury Endangering a ChildClient was charged with negligently causing the child’s death during the night by not paying attention.
No Billed by Grand Jury Burglary of a HabitationClient was charged with burglarizing his ex-wife’s home during a custody exchange.
Deferred Probation Racing Causing Serious Bodily Injury or DeathClient was charged with participating in a race that caused the deaths of two individuals and seriously injured another.
Not Guilty DWI by DrugsClient was charged with driving while intoxicated with methamphetamine in her system.
Case Dismissed Indecency with a ChildClient was charged with sexually touching his step-daughter on multiple occasions.
No Billed by Grand Jury Aggravated Assault Deadly WeaponClient was charged with pulling a gun on his son.
Case Dismissed Assault Public ServantClient was charged with punching a police officer during an altercation.
Case Dismissed First Degree Drug PossessionClient was charged with four counts of drug possession after emergency services responded to his home.
No Billed by Grand Jury Assault Impeding BreathClient was charged with assaulting and choking wife.
Not Guilty DWIClient was charged with DWI blood test .18
Dallas Criminal Lawyers Helping You Understand the Legal Process
At Scott H. Palmer, P.C., our Dallas criminal defense lawyers represent clients in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, as well as Allen, McKinney and throughout Texas. We are committed to helping you seek the most positive outcome possible in your case. We will make sure that you understand the legal process as you prepare for court and that you are aware of all potential repercussions following a conviction, including incarceration, restrictions on your driving privileges in certain cases and difficulties sometimes faced in the future when attempting to obtain paid employment or renting or buying a home.
Backed by years of experience, we have had great success getting charges reduced or dismissed altogether. Regardless of the charges against you, we’re here to help you challenge the accusations.
Why Should I Hire a Board Certified Dallas Criminal Defense Lawyer for My Case?
Hiring an experienced and knowledgeable Dallas criminal attorney for your case can be the difference between costly fines and dropped charges. For this reason, hiring a Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist is of the utmost importance. Attorney Scott H. Palmer brings ample experience to our team, and his cases often result in beneficial plea negotiations and dropped charges.
Should I Still Fight My Charges if the Police Have Evidence Against Me?
It is important to contact a criminal lawyer in Dallas even if you believe the police have evidence against you. Our skilled Dallas criminal defense lawyers can examine the details of your case and determine whether your rights were violated at any point and whether your criminal charges can be dropped.
What Does a Dallas Defense Attorney Do?
A Dallas defense attorney plays a pivotal role in the legal system, specializing in representing individuals facing criminal charges in the Dallas, Texas area. Here's an overview of what these professionals do:
- Legal Counsel: Our defense attorneys provide our clients with expert legal advice, explaining the charges they face, potential consequences, and the legal strategies available.
- Case Assessment: We thoroughly evaluate the strength of the prosecution's case, scrutinizing evidence, witness statements, and police procedures to identify weaknesses or opportunities for defense.
- Investigation: Our Dallas defense lawyers conduct in-depth investigations, gathering evidence, interviewing witnesses, and collaborating with experts when necessary to build a strong defense.
- Negotiation: We engage in negotiations with the prosecution to seek reduced charges, dropped charges, or more favorable plea deals that can minimize penalties.
- Court Representation: In court, we advocate on our clients' behalf during hearings, trials, and legal proceedings. We present evidence, cross-examine witnesses, and make compelling legal arguments.
- Legal Strategy: Defense lawyers create legal strategies tailored to our clients' specific cases, which may include presenting an alibi, proving lack of intent, highlighting procedural errors, or other defense tactics.
- Protection of Rights: Ensuring that our clients' constitutional rights, such as the right to remain silent and the right to legal counsel, are upheld throughout the legal process.
- Sentencing Advocacy: If our clients are convicted, defense lawyers may present mitigating factors to influence sentencing, such as evidence of rehabilitation or cooperation.
- Emotional Support: Our defense lawyers often provide emotional support to our clients, helping them navigate the stress and uncertainty of the legal process.
Our skilled Dallas defense attorney is an essential advocate for individuals facing criminal charges. We work tirelessly to protect our clients' rights, build strong defenses, and ensure the fairest possible legal outcome. Our role is pivotal in upholding the principles of justice and safeguarding the rights of those accused of criminal offenses in Dallas.
Should I Hire a Dallas Criminal Lawyer for a Minor Offense?
Yes, it is important to hire a Dallas criminal defense lawyer even if your offenses were minor. Even misdemeanor charges can be harmful to your reputation and can result in costly fines.
- Addison Jail Information
- Addison Police Jail (TX) Inmate Search and Jail Information
- Dallas County Jail Lookup System
- Dallas County Jail Inmate Search
- Addison Municipal Court
- Dallas County Civil District Courts
- Northern District of Texas Court Information
Get the Legal Defense You Need from Our Dallas Criminal Defense Lawyers
A strong criminal defense is often a crucial component in achieving a successful outcome in court. If you have been arrested or accused of a crime in Texas, you are entitled to retain the assistance of an experienced advocate as you prepare to navigate the legal system. Our team is dedicated and committed to helping you make the most of the options that might be available in your case.
Because our Dallas criminal defense attorneys are licensed to practice in state and federal courts, no criminal defense case is too big or small for us to handle.
Dallas Criminal Defense Lawyers Defending Against Criminal Charges
With nearly 100 years of combined experience in Texas criminal defense, we know the law comes down harshly on offenders. If convicted of even a misdemeanor, you could face crippling fines and possible jail time.
Our Dallas criminal lawyers handle everything, from misdemeanors to felonies to federal crimes:
- Misdemeanors: Texas misdemeanors are categorized into Class A, Class B, and Class C crimes. A Class C misdemeanor is the least severe and a Class A misdemeanor is the most severe. Penalties for misdemeanors vary according to their classes.
- State Jail Felonies: Texas state jail felonies fall in the middle of misdemeanors and felonies on a scale of severity. Crimes in this category can be punished by no less than 180 days of incarceration, but by no more than two years in the state jail unless other circumstances are present.
- Felonies: Like misdemeanors, felonies also fall into classes. Capital felonies are punishable by the death penalty or life in prison, while Class III felonies are punishable by a minimum of two years in prison. Felonies fall into Class III, II, I, and Capital categories.
Award-Winning Team of Attorneys
Over 140 Years of Combined Experience
Multiple Attorneys Dedicated to Your Case
Featured in the Media as a Trusted Legal Source
Board Certified Attorneys in Criminal Defense, Criminal Appeals, & Personal Injury