Skip to Content

How Can I Seek An Expunction For My Dismissed Charge?

law symbol

How Can I Seek An Expunction For My Dismissed Charge?

Are you aware that dismissed charges can stay on your criminal record? It's true, and it can harm your future. Fortunately, you can get these charges expunged from your record and clear it up for good. The team at Palmer Perlstein is here to help obtain an expunction for dismissed charges so that you can move forward confidently. In this blog, we'll discuss how dismissed charges can stay on your criminal record and how to seek an expunction to clear them up.

What Is Expunction?

Expunction is the legal process of clearing your criminal record. This process removes evidence of a criminal conviction, arrest, or dismissal from public records. It also includes removing all related documents, such as court records and police reports. Once an expungement is complete, inquiries about your criminal history will not show a dismissed charge.

How Can I Seek an Expunction for Dismissed Charges?

The process of seeking an expungement for dismissed charges may vary between states and jurisdictions, but there are a few general steps to follow:

1. Gather the necessary paperwork and documents related to your criminal history. This includes any court records or police reports about your dismissed charge.

2. File a petition for expungement in the court where your case was heard. You may need to file a separate petition for each dismissed charge if there are multiple charges.

3. Attend the hearing and provide evidence that shows why you should be granted an expungement.

4. If the judge grants your expungement, all documents related to the charge will be destroyed or sealed from public record.

Contact a Criminal Defense Attorney

At Palmer Perlstein, our experienced team can help you seek an expunction for a dismissed charge and ensure it is completed successfully. We have years of experience in expunction and can provide you with the resources and guidance you need to get your criminal record cleared. Contact us today to learn how we can help you!

Visit our website or call (214) 891-3382 to schedule your case review.

Share To: