Dallas Sex Crime Attorneys
Sex Offender Lawyers in Texas
Being charged with any crime is stressful. Being arrested for a sex crime is not just stressful, though - you are likely to be stigmatized by society before you are even tried by a jury of your peers. If you are convicted of certain sex crimes, it will affect you for the rest of your life. In addition to the standard penalties of jail or prison time, fines, and conditions of probation, convicted sex offenders must often register with local law enforcement for life.
At Scott H. Palmer, P.C., we understand the importance of protecting a defendant's rights and ensuring that they receive a fair trial - no matter what crime they are accused of committing. Let our Dallas sex crime attorneys help you resolve these stressful and confidential matters with the knowledge, experience, and personal attention you need.
If you are seeking aggressive defense against allegations of rape or sexual assault, contact our law office to schedule a consultation: (214) 891-3382. We also assist juveniles against sex crime charges.
Sex Crime Cases We Handle
At our Dallas law firm, we have nearly 100 years of combined experience providing sound legal advice and criminal defense services to clients charged with all types of sex crimes, such as:
- Sexual Assault & Rape - including date rape, statutory rape, acquaintance rape, and child molestation.
- Internet Sex Crimes - including online solicitation of a minor; a second-degree felony with minors
- Prostitution - including charges related to online escort services; a Class B misdemeanor (first offender)
- Indecent Exposure - intentionally exposing yourself in public; a Class B misdemeanor
- Child Pornography - including downloading or distributing child pornography; second-degree felony
Penalties for Sex Crimes in Texas
According to the Texas Penal Code, sex crimes can be charged as either a misdemeanor or felony depending on the alleged actions of the accused. If convicted you could face any of the following harsh penalties.
A misdemeanor sex crime conviction could result in the following:
- Class C misdemeanor: Up to $500 in fines
- Class B misdemeanor: Up to 180 days in jail and / or up to $2,000 in fines
- Class A misdemeanor: Up to 1 year in jail & up to $4,000 in fines
A felony sex offense conviction will incur penalties as follows:
- First-degree felony: 5 - 99 years or life prison & up to $10,000 in fines
- Second-degree felony: 2 - 20 years in prison & up to $10,000 in fines
- Third-degree felony: 2 - 10 years in prison & up to $10,000 in fines
- State jail felony: 180 days - 2 years in state jail & up to $10,000 in fines
We Work Hard to Help You Avoid Lifelong Consequences
People who are convicted of sex crimes continue to be punished even after they have served their time. Having your photo and address on the Texas Sex Offender Registry hinders your opportunity to a job, find safe housing, or live a normal life.
In response to fears of online sexual predators and Internet sex crimes, the Texas legislature is considering a bill to require registered sex offenders to report their e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, and other information in addition to their names and addresses.
Don't Wait for Counsel. Call Us Today At (214) 891-3382.
The proven legal team at Scott H. Palmer, P.C. is capable and experienced when it comes to resolving sex crime cases. As Dallas sex crime lawyers, we are ready to answer your criminal law questions. Contact us at (214) 891-3382 to discuss how we can protect your legal rights.
Continuous Sexual Assault of a Child Verdict Reversed
Murder Verdict Reversed
Continuous Sexual Assault of a Child Verdict Reformed to Lesser Offense
Drug Possession Case Dismissed
Indecent Exposure Removed Client from Registry
Failure to Pay Sales Tax Case Settled
Murder Verdict Reversed