David Payne Housel
Arrested or charged with A crime in the Dallas area?
Call today at 866-773-9818.
E-mail MeDavid Payne Housel
David P. Housel, Jr. focuses the majority of his practice in the area of family law including divorces, child custody disputes, property valuation and division, enforcement and collection of child support, enforcement of visitation rights, modification of child support, modification of visitation rights and modification of prior court orders. Additionally he has had a number of cases representing third parties in family law actions including grandparents, aunts and uncles in seeking either primary possession of a child relative or in seeking access to the child relative. He has represented a number of families that have become involved with the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (more commonly known as CPS) who wish to have a child that was removed from a home placed with them or who have been accused of abuse of their own child. He also practices municipal litigation.
David is Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and has received mediation training at the A.A. White Dispute Resolution Institute. He received a J.D. from the University of Houston Law Center in 1995 and a B.A. from the University of New Mexico in 1992.
Areas of Practice
- 95% Family Law
- 5% Misc.
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Law - Federal (White Collar Crime)
Certified Legal Specialties
- Family Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2004
- Texas, 1995
- University of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas
- J.D. - 1995
- University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- B.A. - 1992
- Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Denton County Bar Association, Director, 2004 - 2006
Past Employment Positions
- Godwin Pappas Ronquillo, Partner, 2005 - 2007
- Blanscet Sutherland & Housel, Partner, 2003 - 2005
Pro Bono Activities
- Denton County Alternative Dispute Resolution Program, 2005 - Present
- Delta Theta Phi
- Phi Delta Theta